Adath Shalom Congregation Brochure
How is Adath Shalom unique?
Adath Shalom, founded in 1978, is a vibrant Conservative Congregation affiliated with the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism. We are an egalitarian shul where all our members - men, women and teenagers - lead the services as well as lively weekly discussion of the Torah portion.
Our small but flourishing chavurah is blessed by a warm intimacy with many personal friendships between our members. Our congregation has developed a spiritual atmosphere of compassion within for our own members while striving to participate in a caring way with the larger Jewish community and world outside.
Come and join us in worship and be part of our unique milieu.
Shabbat services are held each Saturday at the Jewish Community Campus on 31 Nadolny Sachs Private (formerly 881 Broadview Ave) normally beginning at 9:45 AM. Larger facilities are used when additional space is required on special occasions.
We have no regular rabbi. We have visiting clergy to lead our services for our shabbatons and for the High Holy Days services.
We schedule a wide variety of programs such as:
- adult educational programs covering a wide variety of topics on religious and social issues led by members or invited speakers.
- special family programs at Sukkoth, Simchat Torah, Chanukah and Purim to help children gain an appreciation of these holidays.
- adult social events for members to meet each other in a social setting.
- children's programming planned by parents and teens. Children are especially welcome at services.
- instructional programs to teach our members how to lead services.
Membership is available on a family or individual basis. Associate memberships are also available to members of other Ottawa congregations.
Tishrei memberships for High Holy Days seating are also available for a minimal amount.
For more information or if you would like to join our congregation, please contact any of the shul officers listed on the back of this pamphlet. We would like you to be part of our friendly and lively shul.
Adath Shalom welcomes you!
Affiliated with the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism
Content last Updated June 24, 2002
Ver. 2.0 Copyright Copyright © 2000-2003 Adath Shalom Congregation